The Archive is either in unknown format or damaged
These days it has become common to compress the large files using compression applications. Most frequently used compression technique on Windows system is RAR files. Using this application, you can compress more than single file effectively and can save memory space of the hard drive. In order make use of RAR files you should install an application called WinRAR on your Windows PC. Doing this one can have free space on their Window hard drive and can transfer larger files from one system to another in ease. Sometimes, when you try opening these RAR files you might come across error like archive is either in unknown format or damaged.
Few factors that are responsible for the error archive is either in unknown format or damaged are:
- When there is mismatch in values of CRC errors
- Improper download process
- Dreadful malware infections
- Software clashes between the operating system and RAR application
Those who are new to this RAR files and have compressed one of their important file then it will be disaster. In such cases, nothing to panic either you should have an extra copy of that particular file as back or make use of potent software. Here is ideal tool called Remo Repair RAR which is highly suggested by industrial experts for fixing archive is either in unknown format or damaged error.
How to repair archive is either in unknown format or damaged error?
- Non destructive – This tool is one of the read only software that will not modify any of your unique information/data during scanning process besides creates a new healthy document
- Virus Free – Since, this software is scanned using advanced antivirus software it is completely free from all types of malware infections
- Technical Assistance – 24*7 the technical team will be available in order to solve any interruptions that takes place during establishment, repairing archive is either in unknown format or damaged error etc.
- Demo Version – Users can make use of demo version to know the effectiveness of software in advance before purchasing it
Why Remo Repair RAR to fix archive is either in unknown format or damaged error?
- Remo Repair RAR is designed with simple user interface that helps non technical, new users to install and run it easily
- Fixes WinRAR error unknown format or damaged in less span of time using its powerful scanning algorithms
- It has the ability to fix RAR files that are damaged, having CRC errors, inaccurate compression process, corrupted, password protected RAR files and so on
- Supports devices like memory cards, flash drives and other storage devices to store the repaired files
- With the help of a option called Preview, you can view the repaired files from the list before saving them into the specific destination
Tips to remember:
- When your archiving important files, keep a copy of them in order to be in safer size
- Make use of trustworthy antivirus software to keep your system away from harmful viruses
- While downloading RAR archives be careful about some unexpected scenarios like power surge, abrupt system shut down, problem in network etc.
- To extract or open RAR archives make use of appropriate third party utilities/download manager
Steps to Repair the archive is either in unknown format or damaged:
Step 1: Download and install Remo Repair software to your Windows desktop / laptop. Run the repair application and stick to the main screen procedure. Click on “Browse” option to choose your RAR file which you want to repair. Start the repair process by clicking on “Repair” button.
Figure A: Main Screen
Step 2: You can monitor the repair process by looking at the progress bar
Figure B: Repairing Progress
Step 3: After completion the software displays all the folders and files from the corrupt RAR file, click on “Next” button.
Figure C: Preview Repaired RAR File
Step 4: At last, save the repaired RAR files to your desired destination location by clicking on “Save” option.
Figure D: Save Repaired RAR File