How does AVI File get Corrupted?
Audio Video Interleave commonly known as AVI. It is a multimedia video file format developed by Microsoft Corporation, these files saves both audio and video onto a single file. AVI video files are nowadays very popular on applications such as MSN Live Messenger, Skype etc. However even AVI files are prone to problem like corruption and damage. There are many reasons due to which an AVI video gets corrupt and the main reasons are listed below:
- Severe virus or malware infection to your AVI video files is one of the main reason for AVI video corruption
- Conversion of AVI video to other file formats such as MKV, MOV, AVCHD etc using unreliable converters sometimes results in AVI file corruption
- AVI videos also gets corrupt, if there is any interruption such as improper system termination, server error, network inconsistency, power failure etc while downloading AVI video from internet
- Sudden power surge while playing, opening, transferring or editing your AVI videos leads to corruption
- Other reasons for AVI file corruption include bad sectors on storage media where AVI files are stored, insufficient memory space, Codec issues, OS failure, application malfunction, broken / incomplete download, hardware crash, software malfunction, renaming the file extension etc
Apart from the above mentioned reasons there are several other causes for AVI file corruption. However all the problems associated with AVI files can be eliminated with the help of Remo Repair AVI application.