If you upgrade to latest MS Outlook 2016 from previous version of Outlook, you can’t use manual setup for Exchange or Office 365 as you have used for Outlook 2013, 2010 or 2007. Here are some important points to consider while using Outlook 2016:
Other known facts:
Steps to configure Outlook 2016:
1. Go to Windows Control Panel, select Mail option, then click on Show Profiles and click Add. Enter your Profile Name and hit OK.
2. On Auto Account Setup page enter your name, primary email address and mailbox password twice, then press Next button.
3. Outlook 2016 will start configuring your account. Next a security prompt appears, check “Don’t ask me about this website again” box and click on Allow option.
4. Windows Security window prompt your username and password. Now enter primary email address in the Username box and mailbox password, then click OK.
5. Outlook 2016 will discover your email server settings and complete configuration of your email account. After all steps are finished, click Finish button.
Hence, the above explained steps help you to configure Outlook 2016 manually. If any interruption occurs like power surge while accomplishing this task, then it might corrupt your profile and make the data inaccessible. In such case, you can use Remo Repair Outlook program which effectively repair Outlook 2016 data file within few simple clicks. Not just repairs corrupt Outlook data file (PST & OST), it retrieves all attributes including emails, tasks, calendar events, contacts, etc.