When your email is set up in MS Outlook, there is an easy way to delay the delivery of an email for a specified time and date after you click Send button. You can still compose the email message on a Sunday night for instance, but not have it sent until Monday morning at 7:00 A.M.
Learn how to delay sending an email in Outlook 2016/2013/2010
1. Procedure to delay delivery of single message in Outlook
- Compose the new message, enter the email address of recipient(s) and click Options
- Go to More Options and click on Delay Delivery feature
- In the Delivery Options, click Do not deliver before check box and click the down arrow to choose the delivery date and time that you want
- Click on Close button
After you click Send icon, the email remains in the Outlook folder itself until the delivery time. But, if you decide later that you want to send a delayed email in Outlook immediately, then follow below mentioned steps:
- Click the Outlook folder in mail folder pane
- Open the delayed email message and click Options
- Under More Options category, click on Delay Delivery
- In Delivery Options, uncheck the box Do not deliver before
- Click Close and hit on Send button
Note: When terminating Outlook application, it will prompt you message saying there are unsent email messages and ask if you still want to close. Just click on Yes icon.
2. Steps to delay the sending of all email messages in Outlook
You can delay sending of all messages in Outlook by a certain number of minutes using a rule. To create the rule, follow these steps:
- Click the File tab on the main Outlook window
- Select Manage Rules & Alerts option
- Now Rules and Alerts dialog box appears. Go to E-mail Rule tab and hit New Rule
- The Rule Wizard displays. Go to Start from a blank rule box and choose Apply rule on messages I send option, then click Next icon
- If there are any conditions you want to apply, then under Step 1: Select condition(s) list box and click on Next.
- In the Step1: Select action(s) list and click the defer delivery by a number of minutes box
- Under Step 2: Edit the rule description (click an underlined value) dialog box, press a number of link to define how many minutes to delay sending all messages
- Click OK icon and hit Next button
- Choose any exceptions that you need for rules and click Next
- Under the Step 1: Specify a name for this rule dialog box, enter a name for the rule
- Click Turn on this rule box and click on Finish
All the aforementioned steps will help you to schedule or delay sending an email in Outlook. However, while performing this task, be cautious. Otherwise a single mistake could lead to serious problem and might damage Outlook PST file. In such instances, you need to use Remo Repair Outlook program to effectively fix and recover emails from damaged Outlook data file in just few clicks.