There are a number of reasons where you need to export your contacts from Outlook, such as to create an invite list for a specific event, to use those contacts in a mail merge or to import them for use in another application.
Regardless of the reason, there are many ways of moving contacts depending on the version of MS Outlook the user is running. Read on to learn how to export Outlook contacts from any version of Outlook.
Steps to export contacts from Outlook 2013 / 2016
This tutorial will provide step-by-step instructions on how to export your contacts from Outlook. If you are running Outlook 2016 / 2013, then follow the below steps to export your address book:
1. In MS Outlook 2016 or 2013 on a PC, click File
2. Select Open & Export option, then click on Import/Export
3. Choose Export to a file option and click Next icon
4. Select Comma Separated Values and press Next
5. Now choose the Contacts folder and hit Next button
6. Choose location to save this new contacts file on your PC and click Next
7. Click on Finish icon to start exporting your contacts immediately
Whether in personal or business life, there are instances where you need to move your contacts around. Do not be overwhelmed by the export process when moving contacts from Outlook as you can see above it is really quite easy.
However, there are instances wherein you may face some errors while moving your address book from Outlook and end up with loss of contacts. In addition, if the Outlook Contacts folder is infected with virus attacks, then it might cause contacts deletion from Outlook address book without giving any prior notification. In such situation, you need to use Remo Repair Outlook tool to fix those issues and recover missing Outlook contacts from Outlook profile.