By default, Microsoft Outlook does not password protect your mail client. That means other people could potentially open Outlook and access your important data. So, you need to set password on each Outlook data (.pst) file in order to protect unintentional intrusion by other users who share your system. When a password is used, it prompt Outlook to authenticate the user before opening the mail account. But, if password protected file is inaccessible, then easily fix password protected PST file with Remo Repair PST tool.
Here’s how to password protect Outlook data file
Steps to password protect PST file in MS Outlook 2003 and 2007 version
1. Go to File menu and select Data File Management
2. Double click on your personal folder file and you will get a button Change Password
Steps to password protect Outlook data (PST) file in Outlook 2010, 2013 & 2016 version
1. Go to File tab and click Account settings
2. In Account Settings tab of Data Files, you need to double click on your PST file
The Change Password options is same in all the Outlook versions:
3. You will get Change password icon:
If you are stuck between any case of corruption and loss of password protected files, then don’t panic because you can easily repair corrupt Outlook data file and regain access to Outlook data again.