Sometimes, Outlook won’t start and you may receive an error message “The Request Operation Failed”. This Outlook error will not allow you to send or receive any email and may even slow down your PC. You may also face system start-up problems, blue screen, freezing or it might crash down your Outlook application.
What Causes the Requested Operation Failed Error in Outlook?
There can be many reasons behind the request operation failed error in Outlook. It depends on what task you were doing when you encountered this type of error. Listed below are the possible reasons why you receive such errors.
Fix #1: General Method
Restart your PC and check whether the issue fixes itself.
Fix #2: Run MS Outlook in Safe Mode
Run MS Outlook in compatibility mode to resolve the error.
Now your Outlook working fine, then the problem must be with add-ins installed. So try to uninstall add-ins which are causing the problem.
Fix #3: Use Inbox Repair Tool
In case any of these methods don't work and Outlook PST cannot be opened, then use Inbox repair tool scanpst.exe to fix errors in PST file by following the below steps:
1. Exit Outlook if it is running and find the location of scanpst.exe on your PC.
2. Double click on the scanpst.exe file and browse the location of PST file that needs to be fixed. If you are not aware of the location of your Outlook PST file, then follow these instructions in order to locate the PST:
3. To initiate the repair process, click Start
4. After the process ends, start Outlook and create a new PST file
5. Drag the restored items that will be in a Lost and Found folder to your new PST file
Note: The above steps apply to Outlook 2010 and later versions including Outlook 2016. For Outlook 2007 and previous versions, you need to replace step 2 with Click Tools->Options->Mail Setup->Data Files.
Automated Method to Resolve the Outlook Error
If the scanpst not fixing PST file due to the severity of PST file corruption, then the only way is to use Remo Outlook repair software to fix the issues. During the repair process, the tool extracts all Outlook attributes such as emails, contacts, appointments, journals, tasks, notes, etc into a new PST file. There is an option to preview the repaired PST file with the aid of Outlook style browser before saving it back.