Microsoft released a bunch of different editions of Office application and we got two akin products called Word 2013 and Office 365. Of course, many of you might not be knowing the differences amid these two versions. So, here is the story to tackle each of these products.
- Office 365 functions as an online subscription software that gives a wide range of applications and services.
- Office 365 Home subscription charges are $10.40 /month and $102.87/ year for 5 PCs, 5 tablets and 5 smartphones. And, Office 365 Personal account is also available for single use (1 PC, 1 tablet, and 1 phone) at $7.80/month and $76.83/year.
- Office 365 is good to go since, both packages (home and enterprise edition) come with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access.
- Microsoft assures, it will endure upgrading your Office 365 package to the latest edition provided that, you need to continue your subscription.
- Office 365 provides emails, shared calendars, access to create and edit online documents, instant texting, web conferencing, a public site for user business, and core team sites.
- Provides additional 20 GB of storage on SkyDrive and 60 Skype world min/ month.
- You can access Office 365 services everywhere from all (almost) devices through the internet, even on devices that have more classic platform.
- It is intended to operate with latest operating systems like Windows 8, also compatible with OS X.
- It is the descendant of Microsoft Office 2010 and offers more features and a freshly renovated interface.
- This is compatible with Win7 and above OS
- For Office 2013 (naturally Word 2013) Home & Student edition the cost is $143.23 as a one-time payment. To avail extra features you have to pay $286.47. And, the price of full Office Professional 2013 suite is $507.84. All these editions come in a single PC usage mode.
- There is no auto upgrade functionality provided by the Microsoft.
Taking everything into account, on balance it entirely be subject to on what you really need. But, you can have the same Word processor on both editions. If you are a regular Word or Excel user, then you should opt Office 2013. In case, you are a user who requires Word, PowerPoint or Excel tools on multiple devices then you should think of Office 365.
Note: If, already you are using Office 2013 and came up with any issue in your Word document due to the corruption/damage then don’t worry. Remo Repair clears all your queries like how to fix Microsoft Word 2013 that has stopped working, showing no text, crashes when you try to open it, displays errors, etc. You can easily fix the affected Word file and access it normally.