When using Adobe Photoshop CS6, you may encounter errors such as ‘Error 1’. In this article, we are going to discuss the main reasons for the error and solutions to resolve the same.
Symptoms and reasons for Error 1 in Adobe Photoshop Error 1
When this error appears, your Photoshop program may crash and your system may run sluggish. Your system may even freeze multiple times after the error appears. The main causes of Error 1 are explained as follows.
- Incomplete or corrupt installation of Adobe Photoshop
- Windows registry corruption due to a recent software change
- Virus or malware infection messing your Photoshop related files
Solutions to resolve ‘Error 1’ in Adobe Photoshop
In order to resolve ‘Error 1’ in Adobe Photoshop, go through the following steps listed below.
Solution 1: Reinstall Adobe Photoshop
Reinstalling Adobe Photoshop on your computer is known to help resolve most corruption problems. So go ahead and follow the steps below to reinstall Adobe Photoshop.
- 1. Click on Windows + X and select Control Panel from the menu
- 2. In the Control Panel, select Programs > Programs & Features
- 3. Right click on Adobe Photoshop program and click Uninstall
- 4. Then follow the steps in the wizard to complete the uninstallation process and reinstall the software again
Solution 2: Run SFC scan
SFC is a handy tool that resolves corruption issues in Windows system files. In order to run SFC, please follow the steps below.
- 1. Click on Windows + X keys and select Command Prompt (Admin)
- 2. In the command prompt, type ‘sfc /scannow’ and hit Enter
- 3. Wait until SFC checks and repairs errors
- 4. Finally, restart your system and open Photoshop again, your issue should now be resolved.
If the Error 1 has caused some of your PSD files to get corrupt, then such issues can be resolved using Remo Repair PSD. This software extracts contents of your PSD file using a read only mode and repairs errors. Once the repair is complete, a new PSD file along with layers, text, color modes, etc are recovered.
Features of Remo Repair PSD toolkit
- • Repairs and recover severely corrupted, broken, or inaccessible Photoshop CS6 files.
- • Supports repairing of PSD files having different color modes like RGB color, Indexed color, CMYK color, Bitmap, and many more.
- • Simple to fix Photoshop CS6 files that cannot be read and PSD file that is not working.
- • It easily fixes RLE compressed PSD files and Photoshop files having depth of 1, 8, 16 and 32 bits per channel.
- • You can repair damaged Photoshop CS6 files residing in portable storage devices such as CDs, DVDs, USB flash drives, Memory cards, Pen drives, and many others.
Procedure to repair Photoshop CS6 file on Mac
To fix Photoshop CS6 file on Mac, download and install Remo Repair PSD software on your Mac OS X. Then carefully follow the step-by-step instructions mentioned here:
- 1. Launch Remo Repair PSD tool and use Browse option to select the concerned Photoshop CS6 file.
- 2. Click on Repair to initiate the Adobe Photoshop CS6 error 1 fix process, the progress of which can be viewed in the progress window.
- 3. Select Save to store the repaired PSD file in desired destination location