Many users reported in forums that they are facing problems while playing MP4 files on SD card. In such cases, first check the format of the video file that you saved in SD card. Some generally supported formats are mentioned below:
Video: MP4, 3GP, AVI, MKV, WMV, etc.
Audio: M4A, AAC, WMA, MP3 and more.
In fact, some memory cards may not be compatible with your device due to which you can’t see video files on SD card. Many times MP4 files won’t play off SD memory card when it is damaged as a result of card corruption. Let’s discuss common factors responsible for causing SD card corruption after which it won’t play MP4 files.
- Abrupt ejection of SD card from camcorder when recording MP4 file could corrupt the recorded video and makes it unplayable.
- Any sort of interruption while transferring MP4 files from SD memory card to PC can make the video unreadable.
- Virus or malware have potential to make your MP4 files unplayable on SD card.
- Other issues like frequently converting the MP4 file to other formats, CRC error, header corruption and insufficient memory on SD card while recording the video will prevent MP4 to play
Do’s and don’ts to avoid MP4 file corruption
- Do not attempt to play MP4 video on incompatible media players
- Utilize trustworthy software to change video file format
- Do not save healthy video on storage devices that contain virus and malware threat
What next after SD card unable to play some MP4 files?
Do not worry, just make use of Remo Repair MOV tool to know how to repair corrupted video files from SD card on both Windows / Mac OS X. It effectively fixes unplayable MP4 file without modifying the original video and allows you to view the portion of repaired video prior buying the licensed version. The software automatically separates the audio and video file to fix the issue and later adjoins them together to generate a healthy playable video.
More advantages of using Remo Repair MOV software
- Free trial: Remo Repair MOV program comes with a trial version which is absolutely free. As it is the exact replica of the paid version, you can examine the easiness and effectiveness of the software before buying it.
- Completely safe to install: The tool is completely free from virus/malware/spyware threats as it is pre-scanned with updated antivirus software. Therefore, the software is totally risk-free in order to install on your PC
- Original video remains intact: Being a read-only utility, it keeps your source file untouched throughout the repair process.
- Free technical service: Remo’s technicians are available for 24x7 hours for its users whenever they find any issues related to the software.