Kodak digital cameras record movies in the QuickTime MOV format, which compress video, audio, and other bit streams like effects, text, etc. in a single file. It is developed by Apple Computer in order to save multimedia video files. Initially it was designed for Mac Operating system, but later they made it compatible with Windows Operating system also.
Sometimes, the Movie file you have created using your Kodak camcorder will not play in any media player on Windows Operating system. It is a common scenario, which occurs due to .mov file corruption. How to play Kodak MOV file in this situation is not a big issue. You can easily fix
not playing MOV files by using Remo Repair MOV software. Remo Repair MOV tool is the best solution for you that
helps to repair your unplayable Kodak MOV video file. Anyone can easily use the software as it comes with friendly user interface and
professional support team is always available to clear your technical queries any time.
Factors making the Movie File Unplayable or Inaccessible:
- When the storage drive or memory card in which MOV file is stored gets damaged, the files will get corrupted and that will not play in any player.
- When recording videos using Kodak camcorder that does not have enough memory leads to .mov file damage and such files will not open in any player.
- Movie files get corrupted and becomes unplayable due to the issues at camcorder side like accidentally turning off camcorder, device is on low battery while capturing video or unknowingly ejecting memory card while recording videos, etc.
- Unknowingly changing the file extension of MOV file makes the file inaccessible and that will not play in any player.
- When you try to play the Kodak .mov file in an incompatible media player, which may cause damage to the file.
- Any interruption occurred like abnormal system shut down, sudden power failure while moving MOV files from external devices like camcorder to the system, makes the file
corrupt and unplayable.
- Movie file doesn’t open in any player when it has got any codec problems
- .mov video files will not play in any player when its header file becomes corrupted due to some virus/spyware/malware attack.
Main features of Remo Repair MOV Software:
When you lose your most valuable Movie files recorded using your Kodak camcorder, you can use Remo Repair MOV.
It is one of the most trustworthy software for fixing the errors and makes the video playable. The software is capable of repairing severely corrupt or damaged MOV files quickly. It gives the preview of the fixed .mov video files before restoration onto your system and you can open the videos in any player on Windows Operating system.
- The software can be used for mending large sized MOV as well as MP4 files.
- It repairs the audio and video data of .mov file separately, and adjoins them to make playable.
- It can fix Movie files captured using devices such as Smartphones, camcorders, etc.
- Remo Repair MOV software can mend .mov videos that are corrupted due to any error occurred in camcorder firmware or storage devices.
- The repaired MOV files can be played on all versions of Windows such as Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc
- You should keep the backup of each files in some external devices like USB,
hard disk, etc
- Do not remove Kodak camera during file sharing process from the system
- Do not capture video when the device is on low battery
- Do not remove SD card while capturing video
- Install some powerful anti-virus software on your system and update it regularly
Steps for Repairing Unplayable Kodak MOV Files:
Step 1: Download and install Remo Repair MOV software on your Windows system. Then,
run the software and open the unplayable video file using 'Browse' option and then click “Repair” to start the fixing process.
Image 1: Main Window
Step 2: You can view the progress of the repairing process at the progress bar.
Image 2: Repairing Progress
Step 3: On completion of fixing movie file process, it will show the fixed MOV video file along with its description. The software also provides 'Preview' option to help you to view the repaired files before restoration.
Figure C: Preview Repaired File
Step 4: Finally, you can save the fixed MOV video files in any location using “Save” option.
Figure D: Save Repaired File