Audio Video Interleaved (AVI) is one of the frequently utilized video file format developed by Microsoft, which is used by most of the users. It contains both audio and video streams that permits synchronous audio video playback. Other than good quality video clippings, it also provides advanced features like different menu options, routine scanning algorithms and so on. Sometimes, AVI files will not support media players like QuickTime due to irregular circumstances. Before fixing your AVI files, let's know why won't QuickTime play AVI files properly on Mac OS X.
Let us discuss some of the scenarios due to which QuickTime not opening AVI on Mac:
- Virus infections has turned to be one of the common reasons because of which, AVI file present on Mac system gets corrupted and as a result QuickTime will not play AVI on Mac.
- If the hard drive where AVI files are saved on Mac system is corrupted due to formation of bad sectors, file system corruption, etc. then QuickTime cannot open AVI.
- While playing AVI files on QuickTime player, if you come across any error messages displayed on Mac system like couldn’t open file and so on. Then, it indicates that your AVI video file is corrupted and could not be open in QT and other media players.
- While downloading AVI files through internet, if the process is disturbed due to low internet connection, less memory space, sudden power failure, etc. then QuickTime can’t open AVI file.
- Apart from these, there are more reasons like unreliable third party utilities, sudden system termination, codec issues, etc. because of which, QuickTime unable to open AVI on Mac computer.
Why Remo Repair AVI?
- Non Damaging - It is one of the non-destructive read only tool that will not modify original information during repair process
- Virus Free - It avoid further corruption of AVI file, and doesn't affect other available files on your Mac system
- Compatible - This utility is compatible on popular versions of Mac OS like Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite
- Technical Assistance - 24*7 technical team will be available to solve any kind of interruptions that takes place during installation, repairing process, etc.
Other Remarkable features of Remo Repair AVI....!!!
- One of the best repairing tool to repair corrupted, infected, partially downloaded AVI files on Mac system within few simple steps
- This tool is designed with powerful scanning algorithms so that corrupted AVI files can be repaired in less span of time
- Facilitates an option called Preview which permits users to view the repaired QT AVI video before saving on any desired location
- Users have an opportunity to check the efficiency of software before purchasing it by downloading the demo version
Important tips to keep in mind:
- Make a habit to keep backup of your valuable info in an external storage media
- Use trustworthy antivirus software to scan your Mac system
- Do not play AVI files on incompatible media players
- Connect Mac system to UPS to prevent unexpected scenarios like power failure, sudden system termination, etc.
Learn how to fix QuickTime not opening AVI on Mac:
Step 1: Download Remo Repair AVI software. Install it in your personal computer. Open the software and follow the main screen steps. Choose the AVI video file which is to be repaired. Then, click on “Repair” button to start the repair process.
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step 2: After repair completion, the software shows you the repaired AVI video file description. The tool also allows you to preview the repaired AVI file before saving
Figure 2: Preview Repaired File
Step 3: Finally, save your fixed AVI video to your desired destination location
Figure 3: Save Repaired File